Failing out of BRC
Closed Thread

Failing out of BRC

I was talking to my recruiter the other day about the recon contract. He told me that if you fail out of BRC, you are put in ANY field where the Corps needs you. I thought that you would just be put in the 03 field if you fail on. Since then, i have been on the internet researching and it seems like the answer is still 50/50.

Can anyone shed some actual knowledge about this? I don't know if my recruiter just said that to deter me away from that contract or not.

Thanks.

Last edited by Lisa 23; 10-04-12 at 09:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by akrause View Post
    I was talking to my recruiter the other day about the recon contract. He told me that if you fail out of BRC, you are put in ANY field where the Corps needs you. I thought that you would just be put in the 03 field if you fail on. Since then, i have been on the internet researching and it seems like the answer is still 50/50.

Can anyone shed some actual knowledge about this? I don't know if my recruiter just said that to deter me away from that contract or not.

Thanks.
    Don't fail.

Another reason to go in 03, secure the MOS, do some time - and then go be high speed.

Unless you are the .01% of all recruits that can do it -- why put the target on your back?

You can't understand the pride those BRC Instructor have for the way they came up through the pipeline. You got to be a special recruit to make it that way. With those Instructors "guiding" you? Doubt it.

Learn the basics, master the basics - the rest is easy.

Credits
    Savings
    My buddy failed out of BRC week 1 and they sent him to FT Leonard wood to become an MP.

Are you talking about a UZ active duty contract, or a reserve recon contract? If it's active duty, it would seem to make the most sense to make you infantry (since you've already been trained as an 0311 and completed SOI). I imagine the needs of the Corps ultimately has final word.

On the reserve side, you'll likely be trained for another MOS (with exceptions). A buddy of mine failed BRC and they gave him the option. He could other go to Motor T school and report to 4th Recon in San Antonio, or he could be an 0311 and switch to the unit in Austin. He didn't want to commute, so he took the Motor T job.

Quote Originally Posted by thewookie View Post
    Don't fail.

Another reason to go in 03, secure the MOS, do some time - and then go be high speed.

Unless you are the .01% of all recruits that can do it -- why put the target on your back?

You can't understand the pride those BRC Instructor have for the way they came up through the pipeline. You got to be a special recruit to make it that way. With those Instructors "guiding" you? Doubt it.

Learn the basics, master the basics - the rest is easy.
    That did not answer my question. You must of read my post wrong. Please read it again, and think about what i am asking.

That did not answer my question. .
    Why not?

That did not answer my question. You must of read my post wrong. Please read it again, and think about what i am asking.
    Your question (as indicated by the only question mark in your post) was for someone to shed some light on the subject, which he obviously did. The problem is, he didn't tell you what you wanted to hear. He told you that you'd be wise to take an 03 contract rather than a UZ contract, and try to indoc into recon the way most Marines do. That is shedding some light on why your recruiter might be detering you from that contract.

Furthermore, nobody here "owes" you an answer to any of your questions, so bite your f---ing tongue the next time you think a Marine on this site needs to provide you any answer other than the one he or she has chosen to give you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunstream View Post
    Your question (as indicated by the only question mark in your post) was for someone to shed some light on the subject, which he obviously did. The problem is, he didn't tell you what you wanted to hear. He told you that you'd be wise to take an 03 contract rather than a UZ contract, and try to indoc into recon the way most Marines do. That is shedding some light on why your recruiter might be detering you from that contract. Furthermore, nobody here "owes" you an answer to any of your questions, so bite your f---ing tongue the next time you think a Marine on this site needs to provide you any answer other than the one he or she has chosen to give you.
    Thanks, Marine - well said. I'm glad I did not answer more last night as I was in no condidtion to, and not as tactfully as you did.

But I like how he cherry picked me as to not answering his question.

- you wanna mess with the bull sometimes you get the horns.

I'm pretty sure nobody is going to answer this kids "what if" question better than his recruiter, or what he's got already.

Closed.

Thread Information